I absolutely love going on Yoga Retreats, whether it be for just a weekend or longer. Here are some of my reasons why going on a Yoga Retreat is so special:
- You will advance your practice: often you’ll have at least two classes a day which will ensure progress, and this will ensure that you’ll see the positive effects more quickly.
- You will actually meditate. No social media (you’ll detox digitally) and no work/family pressures: it feels more natural to breathe deeply and be present in the moment.
- You will relax and de-stress: sometimes we have to be far from home to give ourselves the permission to truly relax. On a retreat, you will listen to your body, rest and be free from stress.
- You will nourish your body, not only with your practice and meditation but a good retreat will serves wholesome, natural food, so enjoy being pampered from both inside and out.
- Because you deserve it! My last retreat was on self-compassion. Often we can feel guilty about taking time out and feel self-indulgent. By participating in a Yoga Retreat, you will feel nurtured and regain strength and well-being. This renewal will give you the time, patience and energy to pass this compassion on to others.